- Interdependent and independent processes
- Concurrent activities with different rates
- Each managed separately
- Communication between efforts is essential
- Incremental progress adds up
1. Infrastructure Development
Modest community investments crete a level playing field to
attract much greater private investment.
2. Content and Services
Rich local content and community-managed services sends
a powerful message that the community is connected.
3. Education and Training
Create savvy consumers, businesses and leaders who know
the value of broadband.
4. Entrepreneurship Development
Help local businesses and startups use broadband to
participate in the Creative Knowledge Economy
5. Organizational Development
Create a futures-oriented vision for technology and an
organization with a rubust, sustainable business plan.
Why invest in broadband?
- In the Manufacturing Economy, place mattered—proximity to highways and airports was important
- In the Knowledge Economy, being connected matters—communitite need high speed, affordable broadband
- Broadband is the new transport system, just as highways were in the old Manufacturing Economy
- Rural communities with broadband and good quality of life can compete with big cities